- Our environment gives our biosphere stability.
- Any major impact on the environment will affect surrounding life.
- If the Earth’s oceans become too acidic it will be incapable of supporting life.
- If the temperature rises too high it will melt the ice caps and cause massive flooding which will impact weather patterns. The pressure from the flooding may lead too possible tectonic plate activity.
- Tamu Massif is the largest volcano in the world and sits under the Pacific Ocean , and even in our known solar system.
- When Yellow Stone has it’s next eruption it will blanket most of the west coast, and parts of the east of the United States of America in feet of ash in Debri. It will block out the sun for years causing a mini ice age, killing most plant life in the world.
- An ecosystem is a community of living organisms in conjunction with the nonliving components of their environment (things like air, water and mineral soil), interacting as a system.